IntroductionInstant Archive Viewer for Microsoft OCS 2007 is a major update that includes numerous advanced features beyond those found in the version for Microsoft LCS.
A critical (and common) request from our customers, partners, and prospects centered on role-based archive search and discovery.
As a result, Instant Archive Viewer for OCS 2007 offers three distinct viewing and retrieval modes:
1. End user search and retrieval
2. Departmental (ie, manager-level) search and retrieval
Features Common to All RolesEach of the roles listed above has its own unique features (described on the following pages); but they all share these common features:
- Access is secured via various authentication mechanisms, including Windows pass-through authentication
- Simple 1-to-1 conversations can be searched/retrieved/audited
- Multi-party conversations can be search/retrieved/audited
- Conversations and search results can be exported to PDF
- No software is installed on the client
- The UI is an easy-to-use, web-based interface
Features Unique to Each RoleI. End User Search and Retrieval
This role gives end users access to their own past conversations without intervention from the help desk.
- The web-based interface is tightly integrated within the Office Communicator client (it sits in the client as a tab extension that is deployed via a simple regedit)
- Users can quickly and intuitively search by date, by person, or conduct advanced keyword searches
- Users only have access to their own conversations
II. Departmental Search and Retrieval
This role gives managers the ability to monitor the conversations of employees in their respective departments.
- Managers can search conversations within an entire AD group
- Security controls restrict managers’ access to the conversations from within their group or groups
- The user interface can be quickly integrated with the Communicator client
This role consists of a powerful search and discovery module that enables a user with ‘super admin’ privileges to conduct organization-wide audits of all conversations by all users in the environment.
- Locate conversations between users, both 1-to-1 and multi-party
- Locate specific text within conversations
- Locate conversations by phrase and by user
- Perform complex searches, including advanced Boolean searches
- Save custom queries for reuse within defined discovery projects
- Create and manage discovery-based projects that consist of collections of related queries